[dba-SQLServer] SQL RunTime/Performance (newbie)

Randy Sigmond rsigmond at comcast.net
Wed Nov 14 11:29:52 CST 2007

John,

The goal of my exercise is to capture run-time/performance information
remotely from SQL and extract (via Store Procedures or Dynamic Views) the
information into a local database for analysis.  This will provide a status
of the server and allow for the identification of problem areas that can
then be handled on the remote server.

Arthur,

Thanks for the links, but do you know of any specific (sp or dmv) that you
know of that will provide run-time information. Being relatively new to SQL
I am still struggling with the understanding of run-time environment.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Randy Sigmond