[dba-SQLServer] SQL RunTime/Performance (newbie)

Francisco Tapia fhtapia at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 12:16:16 CST 2007

for capturing metrics you can download Idera's Diagnostic manager wich runs
on another server, then it simply runs sql statments to find the metrics you
are looking for, I would run a sql trace and capture these during your trial
period.  I personnallly just use their product as it provides a very useful
GUI to view all my problematic Sql Server instances.  Not to mention this
helps me find tables that need defragging and schedule such tasks for after
hours.

hope this helps

(www.idera.com)

If you don't want to install 3rd party software, there are scripts you can
find on www.sqlservercentral.com that will provide you with the data you
need, also I'd take a look at www.dbajournal.com for more useful
articles/scrpts to gather the information that you want.

--
Francisco