[dba-SQLServer] DB2 anyone?

Michael Maddison michael at ddisolutions.com.au
Tue Oct 30 00:26:20 CDT 2007

Arthur,

Never played with DB2 but can't DTS do the job?
ODBC connection perhaps?

regards

Michael M

Subject: [dba-SQLServer] DB2 anyone?

Anybody on this list familiar with DB2? I installed DB2 Express. I want
to import a database from a bunch of text files. There are some files
that purport to help me do this, with weird extensions like .zpl or
something. I also have the database installed in SQL Server, Oracle and
MySQL, so perhaps I could import it from there. I looked at one DB2
utility but it seemed to want comma-delimited files and the text files I
have are fixed-width.

TIA,