[dba-SQLServer] XP adp and SQL2005

Mark A Matte markamatte at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 22 09:12:25 CST 2008

Dave,

I am by no means an expert with SQL Server...(add a grain of salt here)...but I was able to recreate this...and found this link:

http://www.experts-exchange.com/Microsoft/Applications/FoxPro/Q_22012455.html

If I understand this...timestamp is just that...a timestamp the system automatically generates and stores(kinda like an autonumber...but for row versioning)...it is not for the user to add.

Another link explaining some uses:
http://www.sqlusa.com/articles2005/rowversion/

Good luck,

Hope this helps...