[dba-SQLServer] Trace kills performance?

Francisco Tapia fhtapia at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 09:31:51 CDT 2008

Traces are generally expensive, performance exercises of patience, you
should run them while you are troubleshooting an issue in this case the
deadlock issue, but they will cause a performance drain on your system, how
much generally depends on where you are writing the trace file to, in
general you can get the slightly better performance by running the trace
from a remote client where you write the file to local storage.