[dba-SQLServer] time issue

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Wed Jul 16 20:20:02 CDT 2008

I doubt very much that SQL Server is changing data.

The problem is more likely to be in how it is created (whether they are storing UTC or Local
time) and how it is displayed.

If they want to synchronize between time zones they need to store the times as UTC or
store them as local time and also store the current UTC offset.