[dba-SQLServer] Question about Triggers versus Defauits

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 12:37:40 CDT 2008

Thanks Francisco. I have never noticed any performance penalty on default
column values either. But I was wondering about the trigger vs. the default
value thing.

Since I have a copy of Red Gate's Data Generator, I suppose that I can
settle this question objectively: create a pair of tables, one with a
trigger and the other with defaults, and do a bunch of inserts into both,
and see what happens.

A.