[dba-SQLServer] Access limitations

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Thu Mar 20 23:28:24 CDT 2008

Hi Paul:

The Jet-Engine is fine but it is very limited (2 GB maximum) for the data
usage. Near the maximum size limits thing start to fall apart. The last
couple of Access apps I have put together I just dropped MDB and replace it
with SQL Express/ADO-OLE. (MySQL and PostgreSQL are other excellent
choices.)

Once had a Access DB with one MS SQL DB and 2 Oracle DBs attached... try
that with anything else... up and running in a couple of hours)

Jim