[dba-SQLServer] Copy a database using astore procedureorfunction

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Wed Mar 26 21:57:43 CDT 2008

Thanks Arthur for the old "college try".  I don't know if you have ever
looked at the priesthood, but they REALLY don't like any implications that
they are a priesthood, nor that the system is unfriendly.

I guess you have seen that already though.

I have to honest and say that I too find the wizards extremely useful.  If
the wizards would write their actions into SQL and paste them into a module
like Excel will do, now THAT would be awesome.  At some point (when you need
automation) the wizards cease to be useful.  And then it becomes "sink or
swim".  Not really much in between.

I have been programming since the late 70s and I have to say, the scripts in
SQL Server just look like command files from DOS to me (as Gustav so
observantly put it).  With just about the same level of feedback if
something goes wrong.

The priesthood likes it because having spent years learning it, it is what
makes them priests.  I for one find the priests here about as useless as the
ones out in the churches.

Good luck in the war you just stepped into.  Mine is done.  ;-)