[dba-SQLServer] Drop restore indexes

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Sun Mar 30 12:20:25 CDT 2008

I am looking for a generic method to drop and then restore the indexes on a
table.  IOW, I have a bunch of tables that I have to do appends to, tens of
millions of records.  These tables may have dozens of indexes.  I have
always set up my indexes using the wizard so I don't have scripts already
set up to create the indexes.  I need to have some tool that will build
scripts to recreate the indexes fond on a table and then remoce the indexes.
Once the records are appended, I need to then run the scripts to rebuild all
the saved index scripts.

Is there such a tool?