[dba-SQLServer] SQL Server not in list of servers

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Tue May 13 12:24:19 CDT 2008

Never mind!  It seems I was using a different method.  There are two
ways you can do this.  One Detaches the database, copies and reattaches.
  That is the method I have always used (and works).  The other leaves
the database attached and somehow does the copy (but does not work, at
least on my system).

I was trying the "leave attached" method which failed.  I don't believe
I had ever tried that method before, and did not really intend to do so
this time.  Hmm....

Anyway, I have my copy and know how to do what I need.

Thanks guys.