[dba-SQLServer] Reporting services login error

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Wed May 14 10:34:20 CDT 2008

I am attempting to apply SP2 to one of my two x64 services.  The first
server (Stonehenge) installed fine.  The second shows the SP attempting
(and failing) to log in to something called Reporting Services on
Colby-W2k3x64.  It does manage to log into the "rest" of SQL Server however.

I renamed this server to Azul, which was my previous name for this
machine when it was x32, just to keep things "normal".  The name of the
machine BEFORE the rename was indeed Colby-W2K3x64.

When I look in the Services, I find a SQL Server Reporting Services
(MSSQLServer).  I am guessing that something in the registry got munged
or failed to rename when I renamed the server OS.

I thought perhaps I could uninstall / reinstall just the reporting
services but it is not a separate program in add/remove programs.

Am I going to need to uninstall the whole shooting match?