[dba-SQLServer] Inserting Images into SS2K

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Tue Sep 2 22:21:31 CDT 2008

Here's an old reference to using BLOBs in Access:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;103257

The VBA functions to read/write disk files to/from OLE Object fields given should work just
the same with an ODBC connection to SQLServer with an image (long binary) data field.

--
Stuart

On 2 Sep 2008 at 20:01, KensProgramming wrote:

> I have a client who has a table that contains the paths to images for
> records.  However, this client has now decided that they want to have these
> images stored internally in SQL Server.  I have a table then that is set up
> to store these images, but I don't know how to go from the table with the
> paths listed to the table with these images stored internally.  I have
> googled and looked through BOL, but haven't been able to find anything that
> appears to help me.  I could just be slow and blind.  I could really use
> anyone's help and actually need something to help me get started asap.
>
> Thanks
>
> Ken
> Business Analyst

Stuart Mclachlan