[dba-SQLServer] ASP to 64-bit

Mike Tope mike.tope at dsl.pipex.com
Tue Sep 16 18:36:06 CDT 2008

Thanks Michael, but been there.
I created a whole new user in SQL Server, granted rights, set default
database, and ensured SQL login rather than Windows Authentication. To get
the front page required select rights; I eventually granted db owner rights.

I'm thinking now it might not be a 64-bit issue at all but just a difference
between SQLServer 2000 and 2005. That I should be able to test as we have
2005 Express running in 32-bit in our office, separate from the main SQL
2000 server. Even so, if it ends up involving recoding every cmd.Execute
it's going to take forever.

Regards
Mike Tope