[dba-SQLServer] Create error

jean-paul jnatola at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 22 12:54:59 CDT 2008

Hi all,

Please bear with me as Im new to SQL ,
;m having an issue with creating a DB  i just installed  windows 2003 r2   and sql05  the install went well  no errors etc..

I have changed the default locations for the DB's  to E: for Tlogs and F: for the DB

I'm using  windows authentication ,  my user account is both domain admin and local admin on the server - its not a DC-
and I'm not on compressed drives

The issue when I try to create a database  I get the following;

Create failed for database 'test1' (Microsoft.SqlServer.Smo)

An exception occurred while executing a Transact-SQL statement or batch

Directory lookup for the file e:\SQL_DBs\test1.mdf" failed with the operating system error 2 (the system cannot find the file specified

CREATE DATABSASE failed. Some file names listed could not be created. Check realted errors
(Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 5133)

TIA