[dba-SQLServer] Script a Database to

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 11:54:46 CDT 2008

Several questions in one message here....

Is there a way to script all objects in a database all at once, or must it
be one at a time? For a db with a few hundred tables and let's say 4 sprocs
per table and a bunch of UDFs etc., this could get tedious very quickly. (I
am using SQL 2005 on this project.) I want to version everything and stick
it all into Subversion, but one by one, this is going to take Days of
uninterruped excitement! Sheesh.

How does one script the logins and permissions and jobs? I know how to do
them individually but it appears it cannot be done en masse. Or maybe I'm
missing something.

The final question is, does one have to go to a third party to generate a
script that will do all the inserts necessary to populate some or all the
tables? I have used dbScripter in the past for this, but I left my copy on
my computer in Canada.

TIA,