[dba-SQLServer] Creating an Update Package for SQL Server

Dan Waters dwaters at usinternet.com
Fri Aug 14 17:03:54 CDT 2009

At one of my customers, we are upsizing to SQL Server.  Since I'm connecting
with ODBC table links, it's not that big a deal.

However, the instance of SS will be on a production server, which I won't
have access to.  But, I still need to make table design changes from time to
time.  The IT folks there said that I can make an 'Update Package' to
accomplish this.  The idea is that I can make this Update Package as a
single file, which I can send to the DBA, and she can then 'run' the file
which will make all the changes.

So, how do I begin to learn how to do this?

Thanks!
Dan