[dba-SQLServer] Creating an Update Package for SQL Server

Mark Breen marklbreen at gmail.com
Sat Aug 15 09:02:26 CDT 2009

Hello Dan,
I have not used the feature that you are describing although it sounds
convienent for some occasions.

However, the trial version of SQL Compare is free for the first 14 days. And
that might serve you well for the few times you need it.  You can always
install it on another machine if you need to do major updates again in the
future.

The nice thing about the comparison is that it allows you to really see the
differences in all tables, views sprocs and all other objects in the db.

Thanks for letting us know about the change scripts in VS2008.  I will have
to study that now.

Mark