[dba-SQLServer] Trials and tribulations - Install of SQL Server 2008

Mike Mattys mmattys at rochester.rr.com
Wed Dec 16 15:50:49 CST 2009

Hi John,

I can't tell if this will help but I did at one point post this link
http://www.sqldbatips.com/showarticle.asp?ID=46
This allows you to set the active instance of SQL
I often can have 4 versions alive on my laptop at the same time

Also, note that SQL Mgmt Studio 2005 had to be uninstalled in order
to install the 2008 version.

-
Michael R Mattys
MapPoint and Database Dev