[dba-SQLServer] Trials and tribulations - Install of SQL Server 2008

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Thu Dec 17 09:15:16 CST 2009

LOL.  I found those workarounds and typed in exactly what they said to type in but it didn't work.
There is a part of that command that went something like <somethinghere.Administrator> or something
similar, which I believe was telling me to replace what was between the < > with the ACTUAL user
name, which I did not know.

In the end I did an uninstall and then a reinstall.  As you can imagine, for me that isn't the
biggest problem in the world because my setup is so basic.  The biggest impact is simply that I had
to go setup the server instance with the amount of RAM, CPU binding and such, as well as reconnect
all of the databases.

I appear to be back up and running, though I will probably find issues with trying to connect from
another machine (surface area IIRC), small stuff like that.

As of this morning I had created another 200 indexes on the table from hell, with about 150 left to go.