[dba-SQLServer] Importing From Access to SQL2005

Asger Blond ab-mi at post3.tele.dk
Mon Feb 2 03:37:21 CST 2009

An SSIS package can be stored in two different locations:
1) SQL Server. When stored here the package exists in the system table
msdb.dbo.sysdtspackages90 (the content of the package is stored in a column
named packagedata). And when stored here you can see it in Management Studio
connecting to Integration Services in the folder Stored Packages | MSDB.
2) File System. When stored here the package only exists in the file system,
not in msdb.dbo.sysdtspackages90. You may be able to see a file system
package in Management Studio connecting to Integration Services in the
folder Stored Packages | File System. But this folder only shows packages
stored in the disk-folder for SSIS packages, i.e. C:\Program Files\Microsoft
SQL Server\90\DTS\Packages\
As you don't see your package in Stored Packages in Integration Services I
suppose it's saved to the file system in a folder other than said
disk-folder for SSIS packages. You then have manually to browse your disk
for it (dir \*.dtsx /s).
If you find the package and if you want it to show up in Integration
Services in the folder Stores Packages | File System you can move or copy it
to said disk-folder for SSIS packages, or you can import it right-clicking
the File System folder in Integration Services and choosing Import
Package...

Asger