[dba-SQLServer] Installing Adventureworks Databases

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 09:49:51 CST 2009

I recently reinstalled  a bunch of things on my notebook, including SQL
2008. I downloaded both the Adventureworks.msi file and the zip. The MSI
file errors out almost immediately with the message:

The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package.
This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2738.

So I unzipped the zipped version and got a pair of directories called
Samples and Tools. Tools contains a subdir called Samples which in turn
contains a bunch of subdirs filled with CSV files. But there are no
instructions as to what to do next, or what order to run the csv files in.

Any advice?

TIA,