[dba-SQLServer] problem creating stored procedure

Susan Harkins ssharkins at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 12:09:48 CST 2009

I don't create a lot of sp's, so be gentle... I think the following should
work, but I get an error on the first EXEC:

CREATE PROCEDURE sp_DeleteAllData

EXEC sp_MSForEachTable 'ALTER TABLE ? NOCHECK CONSTRAINT ALL'

EXEC sp_MSForEachTable 'ALTER TABLE ? DISABLE TRIGGER ALL'

GO

EXEC sp_MSForEachTable 'DELETE FROM ?'

GO

EXEC sp_MSForEachTable 'ALTER TABLE ? CHECK CONSTRAINT ALL'

EXEC sp_MSForEachTable 'ALTER TABLE ? ENABLE TRIGGER ALL'

GO

The statements work separately, so it isn't the statements, but getting them
in a stored procedure together has proved challenging. I've deleted,
reorged -- done everything I can think and it just doesn't like EXEC. I know
enough to know EXEC may not be the problem, but I don't know how to
troubleshoot it.

Thanks!

Susan H.