[dba-SQLServer] SQL Server "locks up"

Francisco Tapia fhtapia at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 13:03:30 CDT 2009

Are these large queries?  What's your disk distribution setup like?
Where is the OS disk what channel on your raid card, Where is your Page File
on what channel / Raid Card, where is your DB, what chan... well you get the
picture...

If it's all processing via the same raid card I'm afraid you may have to
troubleshoot that part.  There is absolutely no reason your server should
hang while running a view, unless there are problems with the view, or the
design on your I/O layout.