[dba-SQLServer] dba-SQLServer Digest, Vol 76, Issue 14

David Lewis David at sierranevada.com
Fri Jun 19 13:04:56 CDT 2009

Doug:  Coincidentally I just upgraded my management studio from 2000 to 2008 yesterday.  I had sqlprompt (from Redgate) installed, and that caused the install to bonk.  There is a patch they've issued to allow the install to proceed although I hacked around it by renaming a registry key temporarily.  Details on that via google.
But more importantly, I found after the upgrade that some ssis packages broke.  Thankfully they were still in dev stage.  I don't remember all the things that went wrong, but some of them were relative paths in script tasks no longer worked (had to change to absolute paths), and some db connections just plain broke.  hth.  d lewis

Message: 3