[dba-SQLServer] Read-only databases?

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 03:40:29 CDT 2009

OS is Vista with a service pack. Fortunately the recovery was easy, but it
did kick me in the butt and remind me that it's time to back up everything.
So once I got everything fixed up, I immediately fired up trusty Red Gate
SQL Backup and covered my ass. Speaking of which, do you use RG SQL Backup
or any other Red Gate stuff? SQL Backup is pretty amazing. It's more than
twice as fast as the built-in backup and even with minimal compression, its
file size is about 1/3 of the MS .bak files.

A.