[dba-SQLServer] VS cannot connect to SQL Server 2005

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Wed Mar 18 04:17:38 CDT 2009

Hi Arthur

Thanks. Normal data here.
But isn't this time of the day/night bedtime for you?

/gustav

>>> fuller.artful at gmail.com 18-03-2009 10:09 >>>
My understanding is that increasing the packet size is most beneficial if
you are working with LoBs such as graphics or XML data. Larger packets mean
fewer round trips. For "normal" data there is not much gain, if any.

A.