[dba-SQLServer] Append only records where some fields not in the table already

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Thu Sep 3 15:17:06 CDT 2009

The gui in SQL server is quite similar but not exactly like the Access version.  I have followed
your directions in Access and it is in fact quite easy.

It turns out that I need to perform about 10 "steps" to get all of the tables appended into one, and
then go back and update a couple of new fields as required.  I have already started doing this as a
set of stored procedures so I can just click and run the whole lot.

Thanks again.