[dba-SQLServer] SQL Server 2008 compression

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Fri Sep 11 12:31:15 CDT 2009

Francisco,

 From what I am reading, the compression works at all times, but ALSO during the backup.  I am sure
there is a "cost" in application / database speed.  In the end, AFAICT it is only available in the
enterprise edition which is way out of my budget range.

I was really just wondering if anyone had ever used it.

Thanks for the links though.  I will go take a look at their free stuff.  I paid about $700 for
another company's product but I was going to have to pay to move to SQL Server 2005 (and now 2008)
so I didn't.

I NEED backups!

Again, thanks for the links.