[dba-SQLServer] Idera Free - Restore

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Mon Sep 14 08:07:44 CDT 2009

I installed the Idera Free on my other SQL Server machine.  The one thing I had to do to get the
restores to happen was to recreate the same database file path as on the original machine.  Once I
did that the backup restored flawlessly on my other server.  Had I needed to do so, there is a "With
Move" parameter that you can provide to move the database to the location of your choice.  I did not
discover that until I had already recreated the original file location on the new server.

The speed to do so was 247 mbytes / second for this one specific database.  It restored the database
to the logical name MyDatabase.Safe where MyDatabase is the name of the db being restored.

For free stuff this is pretty awesome.

Thanks again Francisco for pointing me to this.  It definitely fits my needs for now.