[dba-SQLServer] Table Link Refresh Required After Table Design Change?

Dan Waters dwaters at usinternet.com
Fri Sep 18 11:30:14 CDT 2009

I just added a new field to a table in a SQL Server 2005 database.  The FE
is A2003.  The FE was closed at the time.

When I opened the FE, it errored out because it couldn't find the new field.
I opened the table link in the FE and the field didn't show!  Then in code,
I refreshed all the tables, and still the new field didn't show.

Then I went through relinking just that table, and now the new field does
show.

This does not happen in Access.  So, if I make a change to a table, do I
need to explicitly refresh the table link in the FE every time!

Thanks!
Dan