[dba-SQLServer] MS 2010 Launch Events

Doug Steele dbdoug at gmail.com
Tue Apr 13 10:55:52 CDT 2010

Interesting - the last couple of MS events I went to in Vancouver, Canada,
were notable for the lack of freebies (coffee and muffins excepted).  At one
(paid) event, the only item given out was a SINGLE copy of the web
development tools, raffled off by ticket number.

Looking at the pricing of VS2010 I am also surprised at how expensive it
seems to be.  To upgrade VS2008 Pro, for which I believe I paid about $150,
now appears to cost $550 including a compulsory 'MSDN Essentials'
subscription.  Yikes!

In contrast, the MS Technet subscription (about $250/year) is a real bargain
as it gives me all MS Office, SQL Server, and Windows versions.

Doug Steele