[dba-SQLServer] Upgrade to MySql

Jim Lawrence jlawrenc1 at shaw.ca
Thu Aug 12 16:52:09 CDT 2010

There are a few good reasons for not going to MySQL.

For example you can not roll back a transaction or series of transactions.
For any application, that is at all like accounting, that is a big minus.

Just because bound MDB applications get away with it does not mean that it
is acceptable in the business world. Of course that is why a programmer uses
ADO for data connection. (ADO has full BeginTrans, RollBack and Commit
functionality but you must have the appropriately matching BE DB like MS SQL
Express, PostgreSQL, Oracle Express Edition etc...)

Jim