[dba-SQLServer] Remove password on an SSIS package - SQLServer 2005

Stuart Dunlap sdunlap at brownshoe.com
Wed Feb 24 13:41:18 CST 2010

Hi,

I have an SSIS package that I created via the SSIS wizard.  On the step in the wizard called 'Save and Execute Package' there was a section in the dialog box called 'Package Protection Level:' with a drop down option.  For this option I selected 'Encrypt sensitive data with password' and I entered my password.

I have now decided that I would like to remove the password from the package.  Is there any way I can do this?  I can open & execute the package, and I can edit the package...but I want to get rid of the password.  I don't use SQLServer 2005 that often and I can't figure it out.

Any insight is appreciated.

Thanks,
Stuart