[dba-SQLServer] Using Visual Studio with SQL Server 2008

Bobby Heid bheid at sc.rr.com
Sat Mar 13 08:39:14 CST 2010

Hi John,

I still mostly use SSMS, but you can step through sprocs from VS2008.  IIRC,
under server explorer, find the sproc and right-click.  Then I think there
is a debug menu item.  This lets you step through the sproc.  I was playing
around when I found this, so not sure if I remember correctly.

But yes, I think you can do a lot against SQL via VS2008.

Bobby