[dba-SQLServer] My database is slow

Bobby Heid bheid at sc.rr.com
Sun Mar 21 21:10:43 CDT 2010

I had been running a query during development against a local db (SQL 2008
dev edition).  Then, out of the blue, my few minute query started taking
about 20 something minutes.  I then looked at the estimated and actual
execution plans and both of them showed 1 estimated records when where
should have been about 70 something thousand.  After talking with our DBA,
he suggested updating the statistics.  After updating the statistics on the
affected tables, the query was down to about 24 seconds.

I don't know if it might be the same issue with you, but maybe if you
checked your execution plans?

Bobby