[dba-SQLServer] sql server migration assistant

Michael Maddison michael at ddisolutions.com.au
Mon May 24 02:10:36 CDT 2010

I've used it once with no problems IIRC.
I didn't have much data to deal with though.
IIRC it lets you specify datatypes and lengths before you convert, gives
a comprehensive report and lets you save the config.

Cheers

Michael

Has anyone used the SQL Server Migration Assistant for SQL server 2008?
Pros / cons / comparisons
to the upsizing wizard?

I just looked at it today for the first time and it seems pretty good,
but I haven't done an
extensive eval.