[dba-SQLServer] search entire db

Jean-Paul natola jnatola at hotmail.com
Tue May 25 10:11:30 CDT 2010

hI all,

I'm pretty much suck at sql but I being the ONLY IT person in my organization , i have to deal with it from time to time.

I need to find and entry JV0505-10  in the accounting database, but I dont even know what table to look in, can i search the all the tables from a single query? if so what would be the syntax?

The alternative woudl be to export all the tables to excel and search them

the db is ~300 mb  and consists of about 180 tables

thx