[dba-SQLServer] Can I share a connection object

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Sat Oct 16 22:54:04 CDT 2010

I am doing a ton of stuff to a database in SQL Server, pulling all the records in a table into a
datatable, building out update SQL statements and using a command object to update those records,
building out insert sql statements and appending records into another table etc.

My question is can I share the connection object between everything that needs to have one?  I am
going to be doing dozens of update and insert operations / second and if I could just grab and share
a connection it seems logical to do so.