[dba-SQLServer] OT:DFSR db's

Francisco Tapia fhtapia at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 11:55:27 CDT 2010

Because you are going to have two sites looking at the same data you will
want to look into "Merge" replication I think that makes the most sense.
the Database Mirroring is more for disaster recovery than independent
sites.  Merge replication will still have collisions if both sites work on
updating similar records and there will need to be someone in the middle
authorizing which collision of data is the winner...

Review SqlServerCentral.com for merge replication articles OR review the
books online to give you a base idea on how it works.  dbjournal.com also
has great articles as well...

-Francisco
http://bit.ly/sqlthis   | Tsql and More...