[dba-SQLServer] SQL Server Book

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Sat Aug 20 07:47:45 CDT 2011

SQL Server has properties for assigning physical cores to it as well as amounts of memory.  I have a
16 core server with 32 gigs of memory.  If I run two instances I can assign one SQL Server instance
4 cores and 8 gigs of memory, another instance 8 cores and 20 gigs of memory.  All cores and memory
not assigned are left for the OS.