[dba-SQLServer] Mirroring SQL DB's over the internet (as opposed to the LAN)

Francisco Tapia fhtapia at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 12:16:35 CDT 2011

I think you can definitely run in this scenario, but there are some things
you want to think about...performance will be greatly affected because in
the past when I worked with db mirroring, users had to wait until the log
shipping completed on the destination database.  I remember that this was
one of the big performance features that was being worked on for 2008, but I
never returned to see if this was actually fixed, the demo's of course made
it seem like you could have db mirroring across continents w/o even the
thought of latency in the mix.

report back your results, I am very interested.

-Francisco
http://bit.ly/sqlthis   | Tsql and More...
<http://db.tt/JeXURAx>