[dba-SQLServer] List politeness - responding to answers

Asger Blond ab-mi at post3.tele.dk
Sun Feb 13 17:19:17 CST 2011

Often enough I’ve seen people on this list responding questions and never getting any response as to whether their answer was helpful or not. This is not polite.

And it sure isn’t getting our understanding and knowledge any further. Questioners are often busy and need quick and dirty answers. But remind that the persons responding you also are also busy. And also remind that we have a great amount of lurkers who would like to know the right answer or at least know if the answer provided is sound.

So please be polite and respond to answers.

Asger