[dba-SQLServer] Access upsize

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Fri Feb 25 20:38:14 CST 2011

Trying to upsize on the server fails with a "overflow" message.  It seems this is a well known issue
with Access 2000 which exists on the server.

So I move to my workstation which has Access 2002 (XP).  I create the table structure.  i then have
to remove the PK as well as the autonumber (SQL Equiv) and then try to simply append the data from
Access to SQL Server.  ~900K records, ~1 gig MDB size.  My workstation fails with "resources
exceeded".  Of course my workstation only has a gig of ram running Windows XP x32.

But hey, I am making progress anyway.