[dba-SQLServer] Deleted my own user, can't log in

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Sat Jan 22 23:52:59 CST 2011

When you delete a use and create a new one with the same name, that is NOT the same
user. It has a different Security ID (SID).

You will need to give rights to the new user all over again.

One solution would be to shut down the SQL Server service, backup the database files then
create a new instance and attach the databases to it.

--
Stuart