[dba-SQLServer] SQL Server 2008 Installation

Donna Martin dmart06 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 10:39:49 CDT 2011

Good morning,

I am about to install SQL Server 2008 onto my new laptop that has Windows 7
Pro and is 64 bit.  When I looked at the version of Visual Studio, I have
2005 installed.  Also, my .net framework is v4.0.

Please advise if I should uninstall both of these BEFORE beginning the
installation of SQL Server 2008.

Any and all pointers, tips, warnings, 'don't even think of doing...' items
will be gratefully accepted!

One quick note:  I will be accessing this using ColdFusion, just in case
that matters!

Thanks in advance!

Donna