[dba-SQLServer] No Office 12 Access Database Engine OLE DB Provider

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Sat Jun 25 10:26:28 CDT 2011

Hi Arthur

You could study the report samples here:

http://northwind.codeplex.com/documentation

including the ported database.

/gustav

>>> fuller.artful at gmail.com 25-06-2011 17:01 >>>
I've begun working my way into Learning SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services
Step by Step, and I'm stumbling already. The first exercise is to use the
Import/Export wizard to import the Northwind.mdb database from Access. A
screenshot shows selecting the source database; the option selected is
Microsoft Office 12.0 Access Database Engine OLE DB Provider -- which
doesn't appear on my list of data sources. I found a link to it, however, so
if you encounter this problem you can download both the 32- and 64-bit
executables from here:

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=13255

HTH someone.