[dba-SQLServer] SQL Server 2008 Installation

Robert Stewart rls at WeBeDb.com
Mon Jun 27 08:08:21 CDT 2011

Donna,

Unless you just have to have 2008, I would suggest 2008R2 instead.

You will need the framework, so you do not need to change that.  But,
if you are using VS 2005, then you are not using framework 4.0. Sorry,
but I do not remember the version for it, but I think it is 2.

I would recommend using the Development version of SQL Server if you
have it available and if this is for development purposes.

Robert

At 10:39 AM 6/24/2011, you wrote:
>Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 11:39:49 -0400
>From: Donna Martin <dmart06 at gmail.com>
>To: dba-sqlserver at databaseadvisors.com
>Subject: [dba-SQLServer] SQL Server 2008 Installation
>
>Good morning,
>
>I am about to install SQL Server 2008 onto my new laptop that has Windows 7
>Pro and is 64 bit.  When I looked at the version of Visual Studio, I have
>2005 installed.  Also, my .net framework is v4.0.
>
>Please advise if I should uninstall both of these BEFORE beginning the
>installation of SQL Server 2008.
>
>Any and all pointers, tips, warnings, 'don't even think of doing...' items
>will be gratefully accepted!
>
>One quick note:  I will be accessing this using ColdFusion, just in case
>that matters!
>
>Thanks in advance!
>
>Donna

Robert L. Stewart