[dba-SQLServer] MySQL question

Hans-Christian Andersen hans.andersen at phulse.com
Wed Nov 30 14:06:24 CST 2011

Does the clients pc have the command line tool mysqldump (usually comes as standard with mysql)? This is a standard tool for exporting databases to flat text files. And then to import it to another machine, you create an empty database and use the standard mysql command to import (ie. mysql dbname < file.sql ).

Best regards,
Hans-Christian Andersen