[dba-SQLServer] OK, I give up - was "John needs NoSQL"

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Sat Oct 15 23:20:26 CDT 2011

Hmmm... from

http://www.cray.com/Assets/PDF/products/xt/IDCLink.pdf

Power and cooling costs have become one of the top concerns of HPC buyers, and IBM's "Roadrunner"
petaflop system is very energy efficient. It consumes about 2.5 megawatts, versus about 7 megawatts
for "Jaguar." One reason for the large difference in power, as HPC luminary Jack Dongarra notes, is
that the Jaguar computer has more memory than Roadrunner, which adds to Jaguar's power consumption.

I sure hope I really need this NoSQL stuff.  My power bill is about to go up I think.

:)

But hey, maybe I can start leasing super computer time eh?

Reality is what refuses to go away
when you do not believe in it